Friday 11 July 2014

UNIT 20 M3 Employ Good Practice in the Design and Implementation of Web Pages.



UNIT 20 M3 Employ Good Practice in the  Design and Implementation of  WebPages.

ALL ASSIGNMENTS HERE!! PASS, MERITS AND DISTINCTIONS


Be sure that you are providing a good service.

When any web developer is hired to create a website for someone they should always make sure that when making the website that it is not a mess, so what they normally do is add comments and name the tags appropriately to help with their work and to make sure that everything is organised within the website that might be used another day.
When I was making the website for the client I made sure that I was making the site to be well organised to be able to see what I was doing if I needed to come back to it a later date if any section needed adjusting. While making the site I added comments to bits of my coding to remember what needed to be moved or what was where. I also made sure that I named the tags accordingly to what they were either there for or their name.

Adding Comments

As you can see when I have ended with a section I added a comment to show and remind myself what I have done and when I have done it so for a later date if I need to change things around if the client wanted change.


Here is an example:

Adding appropriate tags accordingly


From the picture you can see that I have named each code with a tag to identify them when adding the CSS. I abbreviated  some on the tags as they would have been too long if I named them their names, so what I had done was shortened them to allow me to still remember what they were while keeping a reminder on what they were there for.

Here is an example:


Adding Indentations

Indentation inside the web designing is the gap in front of a line of code. Indentation makes the code readable to the user as it creates the flow of the code simpler when viewed.  What I've done is used indentations so I could make sure where I have begun one tag and where one ends. Indentation is mainly used for identifying tags.

Here is an example:



Adding a comment is always a good thing because you might what something to be in a place later on but you might forget, so having a comment is always a good thing to keep on track of things because it will always help you to place code where it needs to be to remember a section of code which you might or might not move. If you were to add a tag with a completely different name to it or to what it does then it would be really hard to remember what you had done or what you need to do with it in CSS as you won’t remember what the tag was connected to as the tag has nothing to do with coding. That is why it is always good to add a well name tag that either describes what the code is for or the name of what you want that relates to the code.  

I needed to add variables 


No comments:

Post a Comment